dilligaf

A rant about my favorite team in baseball the Cubs and an objective look into baseball in general.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What an embarassment I witnessed.

I was at the game last night but didn't get to see it. Why, you may ask, I was making sure cubs "fans" would get in and out of Wrigley safely. What a drunken bunch of idiots. The ones that were sober were with their families. Wearing what I do at work, you become a magnet for out of towners who ask directions etc., which is not a problem but as you're attempting to help them out you have an asshat in full cubs regalia staggering all over the place about to piss themselves.
Love my team, hate the idiots that come to Wrigley. It was friggin' Monday night, doesn't anyone work anymore? Yes, I submit that we had few problems except for the roving band of latino gangsters that were from 017, acting like themselves, wondering out loud on their free ride to Belmont and Western why they were getting locked up. Hey McPhail, ever walk around Wrigley immediately after a night game? Might want to rethink your beer sales policy. It's an absolute disgrace. I felt for the families that had to endure the nonsense. Well with seeing some of the highlights, Murton is the man. Marshall is looking like a PITCHER and keeps calm, cool and collected. He realizes something that Meathead cannot: it's about pitching not throwing. The game is 90% mental and 10% physical talent. Get it through that thick skull of your's Meathead.
Will the cubs finally solve the Zach Duke mystery today? Need a win before the long left coast swing.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Whitlock's Nails said...

    Now you know why I would rather sit at a Sox game (and I dislike AL baseball.)

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger LLMM said...

    Maybe thats why I rarely go to night games. Cubs baseball should be enjoyed during daylight hours only.

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger FRENCH GUARD said...

    Was this the recent Monday night game my brother told me about, the one with a bunch of fights afterward the night of the latest immigration rally? He had an extra ticket for me to meet him in the Bleachers, but I was too out of it to go, glad now I didn't! So those WERE gangbangers helping cause the trouble/fights around the park post-game after all? (with the help of the drunken Cubs Lugs)

    That is kind of depressing! (My bro took the train home s/b and said a few of them ended up in his car, and were so drunk they passed out shortly after getting on!) Sound like old Comiskey used to be, the drunken shouting macho men having to ruin people's night out!

    And- is Dilly really S.J.? New to 019 sounds like S.J....

    - ydahS'O ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home