dilligaf

A rant about my favorite team in baseball the Cubs and an objective look into baseball in general.

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Cubs situation after reflection.

After getting past the panic mode, I had a chance to think about things and it made me realize something, they aren't as bad off as I thought. John Mabry is more then capable to taking over the position. If Larussa thought he stunk, he wouldn't of taken over Rolen's spot in the past. Restovitch will basically fill in Mabry's spot on the roster till Pagan can come back. All is not lost, long suffering ones, lets keep the faith. The new look Cubs, the station to station team, hitting 3 HR's in the last 6 games and went 4-2 on the road for that matter. They are going to need to get into the Cards bullpen early and often if they want to win the series. J. Jones is lifetime .340 BA against Mulder with a couple of extra base hits. He is starting to see the ball, and I expect a big night from him.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger Whitlock's Nails said...

    I like the positive attitude . . .I mean the Cards lost Rolen last year and were 1 game from the Series.

    Keep the faith, but don't bet too heavily that things will be ok. . .pretty hard to polish a turd

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home