dilligaf

A rant about my favorite team in baseball the Cubs and an objective look into baseball in general.

Friday, April 14, 2006

The good, bad and ugly against the Bucs.

I took many a deep breath watching this game. They cannot make it a laugher against the lowly Bucs. The good: Sean Marshall, looked good for the 1st four innings. Even in the 5th, he didn't buckle when the bases were loaded and gave up the 2 runs. Nice to see his family out to support him. I hope they're making good coin, because they're frequent flyer miles are getting pounded. Murton, like the fact that he goes with the pitch. This kid is gonna be an all-star soon enough. Walker, what else can you say about a true professional hitter. Cedeno, web gem material though it was against the catcher. The Bad: giving up four longballs and letting this team catch up twice in the game. The Ugly: Michael Wuertz and Dusty Baker. Normally I'm pro-Johhnie B. Baker but why did he have Wuertz up to face C, Wilson who has owned Mr. Wuertz in the past. Your gut was wrong tonight and if it wasn't for Williamson I'd been choking on my own chew for losing 2 in a row. Patience will be key tomorrow with Zach Duke on the bump. Watch, Baker will do the righties v. lefties and Hairston will start. I hope the gut feeling works out tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home