dilligaf

A rant about my favorite team in baseball the Cubs and an objective look into baseball in general.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Looking to sweep the red birds.

Sydney Ponson does not scare me, nor should he scare the Cubs. What scares me is Jon Miller's pronounciation of his last name. It will grate me the entire broadcast. I'll just turn down the sound and listen to Pat and Ron. I still think D. Lee's deal will be announced tonight or Monday morning the latest. Which brings me to the last part of the equation: Juan Pierre. If the organization is looking to bring up Pie as an everyday outfielder in 07, they need to remember he does not have the patience for leadoff. If they bring him up next season, Hendry will have to work his magic to unload J. Jones to make room for Pie. Enjoy the game tonight, I'll have broom in hand and lets see the kid in action, Sean impress the fans as you did in your first 10 and 1/3 this ST.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM , Blogger LLMM said...

    Well, you'd never have known he had back stiffness. Larussa's shot back at the Cubs for cold showers, to justify to the Card fans that it wasn't a pitch count issue at the beginning of the season. Larussa never seemed to be a big pitch count guy. I will stand by this, Larussa does not know how to manage a bull pen. Duncan is a master at taking other teams, injured and downtrodden and makes them Cy Young canidates. Yet I believe there is a shared problem w/Dusty and Larussa. EGO. I don't think either take advice from their coaches too seriously. Take it for what it is.

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Blogger LLMM said...

    Yeah, Ponson pitched good, but got a lot more low strikes then Marchall did. Morgan kept harping on how our rookie got squeezed. Look forward to the rematch in 10 days.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home