dilligaf

A rant about my favorite team in baseball the Cubs and an objective look into baseball in general.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Favre and away...

Oh how the mighty have fallen. 1st time since the hilljack from Kiln Ms, has ever put up goose eggs since he had taken over the helm of the Packers. Was the Bears defense that outstanding? Not from where I sat. The only play that GB historically would kill the Bears with was the screen. Rivera and company focused on the short stuff early in the series to keep the Pack into 3 and longs and going to their cover 2. Ahman Green ran a lot better then Jones and Benson. McKie looked solid. Desmond Clark, where have you've been? Moose had over a hundred yards and caught everything thrown to him. Is the Pack that bad? My observations, no. Before I get accused of drinking the navy blue koolade, I see it this way: new defensive system, two rookie guards, and a new offense. Not a real good combo. I see the game here in January to be a lot closer. Hopefully, it will not have any playoff implications. Hester impressed the heck out've me. Now teams will have to plan for him too. This team may be a little better then I originally thought. Like I said before, Rex is the man, till he gets carted off the field. Detroit should a little better barometer of where this team really is.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger kateykakes said...

    dilligaf,

    Not sure if you're up for this or not (we're already a week late), but I've been a member or this particular forum for almost 4 years and we do the football thing every year. No money involved - it's just for the fun of it.

    If you're interested, stop in and have at it:

    http://forums.realpolice.net/showthread.php?t=57601

     
  • At 1:03 PM , Blogger kateykakes said...

    Grrrr...wanted to leave you a clickable link the first time but it didn't work.

    Here ya go:

    Week 2 Schedule

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger LLMM said...

    Sorry, I am stupid when it comes to logging in/registering etc. I will give my picks here and if you wanna take umbrage with it, so'kay. Just remember, da bears plus or minus . Yes, I may win out everytime if we are playing with the spread.....

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger kateykakes said...

    On the RealPolice.net forum, we don't play for money (it's against the rules there). I figured at the end of the season, whoever won, I'd just buy some RP gear from the store and send it to the winner.

    I know week one has already passed, but I'll see if others in the blog world are interested and I'll post it over at my blog (Katey's Kafe).

    If not, I'll just play you here if you're up for it.

    I don't think we got into any of the plus/minus on the forum, as it's just low key and all in fun.

    Lemme know if you're game, and I'll post my pics here or get others involved on my blog and throw something in to the winner at the end of the season.

    Kate

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home